The Summer is already off to a hot and steamy start. Sure, you have your ice cold water and smoothies in handy but if you’re tired of the same old things perhaps spicing up your water or favorite juice with even more flavor can help spruce things up for ya! There are many different drinks you can drop those flavored ice cubes in. Check out these cool ideas on how to make flavored ice cubes down below. They are super fun and easy to make!
- Ice Tray
- Liquid or solid such as: fruit, juice or candy
- Sugar or sweetener of your choice
Heres a few ideas of some ways you can make some flavored ice cubes:
- Just get a load of fresh fruit such as bananas, strawberries, blueberries, peaches and other fruits alike
- Chop them all up to a decent size where they’ll fit in the ice tray
- Fill up the ice tray with water
You can also create a fruit puree by using just fruit, a blender and a sweetener of your choice. Just toss all of the ingredients in the blender with 2 cups of water and blend away! You can also create a puree by simply dicing up all of the fruits and smashing them in a bowl using a spoon or fork.
2. Candy flavored ice cubes
- Sweet candy such as Jolly Ranchers, Sour Patch or even chocolate would suit just fine for these ice cubes
- Place each candy into ice tray slots
- If you chose chocolate for this one, melt the chocolate and then pour the liquid into the ice tray
Candy flavored ice cubes can be used in alcoholic drinks and beverages. They can also just be a fun frozen snack to take on the go with you!
3. Kool-aid and powdered Iced Tea flavored ice cubes
- Mix your favorite homemade Kool-aid/Iced tea mix with sugar and water
- Pour mixture into ice tray
You can turn this well-known children’s drink into the adult version by using these ice cubs for any alcoholic beverage of your choice. You can also add them into water or even Sprite!
4. Fountain soda flavored ice cubes
- Pour some Sprite, Coca Cola, Crush or Dr. Pepper soda into ice tray
Fountain soda flavored ice cubes also work best in alcoholic beverages or even more fountain soda to give the fizz and extra boost!
5. Ice cream flavored ice cubes
- Choose your favorite ice cream flavor
- Add a spoonful into each ice tray slot
Ice cream flavored ice cubes can be an alternative to an Ice cream bowl or cone if you’re trying to lower your calorie intake. Even a little shake up on a moose or puree can add a twist to your snack regime for the day.
However you decide to make your flavored ice cubes, adding them to any beverage of your choice can add more flavor and eliminate that watered down taste if you aren’t already drinking water! Hope these few ideas gave you Chics some new ideas for Summertime drinks and beverages. Until next time Chics!