Hey there, Chics!
Have you ever felt the need to step out of your comfort zone during It’s Chic Sips Thursday and we’re talking about manly drinks that can be turned into ‘girly’ drinks! If you aren’t afraid of trying something harder, we suggest you check out our list down below!
1. Rusty Nail
Judging by its name, you can already tell this is one tough drink! It’s at the top of our list because it’s super easy to make.
- 2 oz Scotch Whisky
- 1/2 Drambuie
- Garnish with a twist of lemon peel
All you have to do is combine your favorite Scotch with Drambuie into a mixer or a double old-fashioned glass, add ice and stir.
STIR!! Do not shake 🙂
The Manhattan cocktail is another classic. This bold drink contains Bourbon or Rye Whisky. Either way, enjoy!
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 dash Orange bitters
- 2 oz Bourbon or Rye
- 1 oz Sweet vermouth
- Garnish with a twist of orange peel
- (add Dry Vermouth to take it from a “Classic” to a “Perfect” Manhattan.)
Add ice and stir.
3. Mai Tai
Commonly known as a “tiki” style cocktail, this punch-like drink is one that you and your friends can really enjoy! You can even make a pitcher of it if you multiply the recipe.
- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) dark rum
- 1 oz (2 tablespoons) amber rum
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 oz (1 tablespoon) Cointreau or triple sec
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orgeat syrup* or 1 drop pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon superfine granulated sugar
- An orange slice and cherry are the ideal garnish for this cocktail.
Add ice and SHAKE!!
If you have any more “manly” drinks that you think we ladies should try, give us a shout on our Instagram @chicchattv! Until next time Chics!